Monday, September 11, 2006

Social support makes all the difference

In addition to medication, one of the most potent forces in coping with a mental illness is social support from family and friends. I'm very blessed with wonderful friends who love me and go out of their way to help me out. When I feel alone against the world, victim of too many forces beyond my control, my friends step in.

In the latest instance, my wonderful friend Alona has offered to help me find an orthopedic surgeon and make an appointment to see him. While I could have done this by myself, it was a relief to have someone take on responsibility for this. That enabled me to concentrate on getting the elusive corporate weasels who run my gym to refund the money I dropped on personal training sessions I haven't used yet, and probably won't be able to use.
Copyright (c) 2006 "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. You're very fortunate to have a support network like that. One of my biggest problems is that I don't feel like I have that kind of support, so I struggle on my own. It's hard when you live near a bridge and you don't think anyone would care if you walked off it.

    ReplyDelete