Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mixed feelings

I just had my first official social work course, and it was pretty dull. Just not what I'm into. The readings are fairly tedious, too, and there's lots of 'em. I know I just need to suck it up and get through the program so I can be a therapist, but I've got really mixed feelings right now.

My mood is fairly low. I haven't done much this week -- I should have met with the financial aid office and the field placement person who sent me to Bed-Stuy, but I lazed in bed until I absolutely had to get dressed and out the door. I'm just feeling blah and sad. Unfortunately, that means I don't really have anything interesting to write about.

I've got another class in about an hour. Maybe that will perk me up.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. What I get out of the last two posts is that you are still feeling ambivalent about switching gears from a psych phd program to social work, and that is coloring your attitude toward your classes at Columbia.
    Circumstances have forced you to shift gears. Accept it.
    Try and keep an open mind and you may enjoy the social work courses in time--don't jump to hasty conclusions!

    ReplyDelete