Thursday, January 04, 2007

A new day dawns

Pretty soon, I won't be able to sit around in my underwear watching youtube all day. That's because I start a clinical social work master's program on Tuesday. Hallelujah! It's not my original plan, but it works. I'll be able to do just about everything I wanted to do as a psychologist. And I can always go back for a doctorate later; I'm the queen of going back to school.

Also, my brother-in-law agreed to write a nasty letter to my old program -- just to get them to seal my records and refund some tuition. I offered to baby-sit the kids (and the dog, gevalt) some weekend night or Shabbos, so he and Jerusha can go away together.

I sent out a jubilant email announcing the happy news and got many responses, including this:

Great news! Very happy for you. When life gives you lemons... wait till they're rotten, chuck 'em at [your old school], and move on to what you deserve to have.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear this news. I hope it is everything you hope for it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! This is great news! I didn't see the jubilant e-mail, though. But regardless, I'm thrilled for you and I wish you every success and happiness.

    ReplyDelete