Monday, March 26, 2007

Touchy, touchy

Some dating websites let you see who's visited your profile. Last week I saw another visit from a 26-year-old. I've gotten many expressions of interest from much-younger guys, usually without any good coming of it, but this guy seemed very mature and VERY cute. Except for... his unibrow.

Silly me, I decided to contact him about it:

It's totally none of my business, but you're so cute, I think you should get your eyebrows done. Why not be perfect?

Ayelet

I don't know what I was thinking. Why would I expect him to react positively to such a rude suggestion? He wrote back:

1) You're right, it's none of your business.
2) Only G-d is perfect.
3) Those who judge me by my eyebrows are not people I want to spend my time around.

Oh-kay. Chastened, I wrote back:

I'm very sorry if I offended you.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

3 comments:

  1. Oy. We've all at some point let our mouths get ahead of our brains.

    I suppose that was the end of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was indeed the end of that. He's only 26, so it's really no great loss -- doubtful that it would have gone anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a huge ouch, Ayelet.

    I'd have waited till month 2 before bringing up the unibrow.

    Either way, as you said, no great loss.

    ReplyDelete