Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nice isn't enough

I was fully resolved to go out with Brooklyn Accountant again. Even though I had a very blah time with him, there was nothing that really repulsed me.

But he called last night and I was soooooooooooooo bored. I did not enjoy the conversation at all. I barely listened -- IMed with my friend Boaz while saying "uh huh" every so often into the phone. He's a nice guy, but he's tedious to the max. And I just could not face going out with him again.

After an interminable conversation about his Thursday night shopping with his mother and his plans for Shavuot, he finally got around to asking me out again, and I said no. "I've thought about it, and you're a really nice guy, but I just don't see this going anywhere," I said. To his credit, he accepted the rejection graciously and didn't try to convince me otherwise.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. good for you!

    (loved the luv-notes from your nieces, too.)

    have a great shavuos!

    ReplyDelete