Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The tension is getting to me

When I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning, as usual, I was in an unusual amount of pain. My shoulder muscles were so knotted that I couldn't turn my head from side to side.

I went for a Chinese tuina qigong massage, which helped tremendously. But I'm still stiff and sore. While the pain isn't as bad in my shoulders, it has generalized to the rest of my body, especially my back, my neck, my knees, and my thighs.

Going through these horrible interviews, at The Other Bad Place and with Dr. Newperson, and dealing with the uncertainty about this and next year's internships, is taking its toll on me -- not just emotionally but physically. I can't concentrate or study. I'm in significant physical pain. And only the summer sunshine and support from friends and family are keeping me from descending into another depression.

And soon I'll be another year older. Happy birthday, Ayelet. I had hoped 2007 would be better than 2006. So far, it's not looking good.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment: