Thursday, June 28, 2007

Uneven results

My morning class was canceled, so I decided to use the time productively and gave myself a pedicure. The results were less than professional. Better than when I let Shira and Malka do my toes, but definitely much worse than a salon job.

It's hard to reach your toes with a steady hand, especially when there's extra padding bulking up your midsection. I didn't get rid of all the dead, dry skin. The polish pooled at my cuticles, which looks sloppy, although I used a very light shade to diminish that effect.

And it wasn't relaxing. When I get a pedicure, I sit in a massaging chair, reading a silly gossip magazine. My feet dangle in a mini-whirlpool and are are scrubbed, massaged, and exfoliated. It feels sublime. I unclench completely.

Including tip, a pedicure costs about $20. The results generally look good for about a month, decent for another 2-3 weeks after that. Right now, I don't have so many pleasures in life. Maybe I shouldn't practice this particular little economy.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the pedicure at the salon is the way to go. You can still use the topcoat and foam pads and whatnot for touch-up work, right? Or if a visitor volunteers to paint 'em for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an optimist. I'm not assuming I'll have any visitors anytime soon. I'll either have to cough up or improve on my self-pedicure technique.

    ReplyDelete