Sunday, July 15, 2007

What would I do without YouTube?

And DailyMotion, and veoh, and bolt, and metacafe, and all my online video sites? DSL is not only cheaper than cable -- it affords me access to whatever I'm in the mood to hear.

I will never get tired of Westlife, Weird Al, Donny Osmond (how is a 50something man still so damn sex-ay???), or any of the 200 other videos I've favorited. And I love searching for new product when I think of something I'd like to listen to.

That's important, because I often get tired of my knee injury, the "men" (guys, according to Dave Barry's definition) I date, being single, the internship department, my sister, my parents, my sinuses, the NYC heat, my tiny apartment (can't afford a larger, especially since this one's rent-stabilized). Music is therapeutic -- it soothes and releases negative emotions at a preverbal level. It's important to have abundant music in my life. I need comfort, and after losing 8 pounds on the fruit and fiber diet, I'm trying really hard not to eat too much comfort.

Of course, being that it's the Nine Days, I shouldn't really be listening to music, but at least it's not live.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Eight pounds! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome for your weight loss, keep it up!

    and i know what you mean about the music, sometimes i use my mental health as an excuse, too (not that it isn't a valid one).

    ReplyDelete