Monday, August 20, 2007

Ain't that a kick in the head -- but wait...

I sent HVAC an email asking how he slept and if he thought of me today. He sent back:

Hi Ayelet,

I read your profile, but I did not think we would make a good match. Much success in your continued efforts.

HVAC

It's the standard "thanks but no thanks" automatically generated email from the website where we met. Kind of stunned me, but I wasn't entirely surprised. Not real classy, but what do you expect from a guy who's never been to a museum? Who knows what evil lurks within the hearts of men? Ayelet knows, baby. I've seen guys do a 180ยบ before, and choose to break up via impersonal computer messages rather than by calling and actually talking to me.

So I deleted every email HVAC had sent me and I'd sent him, and prepared to move on. I quickly thought about the things I don't like about him -- the brusque Brooklyn accent and manner, the frequent use of coarse language, the utter lack of -- and disinterest in -- high culture. How could I have gone out with him even once? He's so obviously wrong for me.

However, that email was quickly followed by another: send [sic.] that thing by accident

I responded: Okay, good. I was about to be very annoyed ;)

I guess we're still on for Prime Grill tomorrow.

My life is never dull. Annoying, exasperating, frustrating, confusing, painful, exhausting, mind-boggling, devastating -- yes. Never dull.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Did he follow up with more communication? Did he explain? Was he meaning to send that to someone else? Are you, in fact, still on for tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He accidentally hit the "Tell Ayelet you're not interested" button instead of sending the message that he was still busy and would be in touch later. As far as I know, we're still on for Prime Grill -- I'll let you know if he doesn't live up to his word ;)

    ReplyDelete