Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chopped liver

Mrs. Mutter called Bina to congratulate her on the birth of her daughter. She read about the blessed event in our synagogue's weekly newsletter. I have no idea how she got Bina's number, which definitely isn't in the local white pages.

Yet this lady can't pick up the phone to invite me for a Shabbos meal. I know she has my phone number, and even if she didn't, I'm in the book. I don't get it. I know Bina's lovable, but what am I, chopped liver?
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Why not call Mrs. Mutter and invite yourself? I know it would be so much nicer if she invited you but she strikes me as the absent minded type. She's always been friendly when you've met her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it's Elul, I will give her one more chance. I'll see if she can host me for one of the Simchat Torah meals.

    ReplyDelete