Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Coffee may be the only thing keeping me alive

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. Still, coffee has been shown to protect against skin, colon, and liver cancer, as well as diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, cirrhosis, gout, and heart disease -- even cavities.

A highly stressed-out person like me, who is also especially vulnerable to heart disease and pancreatic cancer, has to stick with whatever healthy habits she can maintain. And coffee's definitely one of them. Even if I have to moderate my use to prevent spiking a mini-hypomania.

I know that I can't rely exclusively on coffee to solve all my problems, though. Yesterday I ordered a lavender essential oil inhaler, which is supposed to relax me. My fellow social work students and I are also starting a wellness club, where we'll learn about complimentary stress relief therapies such as massage, yoga, acupuncture, meditation, and energy healing. Obviously it's important to include as many components as possible in your wellness regimen.

And coffee's one of them. Probably my favorite. It's the least guilty of all my pleasures, which are sadly few as it is.
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. Coffee is truly the Nectar of the Gods. For years, I've looked unsuccessfully for caffeine suppositories for fast days, but havent been able to find them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't looked very hard, baby. I googled "caffeine suppository" and got about 206,000 results. Of course, they're by prescription, and most are combined with ergotamine. But if you're really desperate...

    ReplyDelete