Monday, August 20, 2007

Feel the burn

I love music, I love youtube, I love to dance, and I need to exercise. Do the math....

A few weeks ago, I got the idea to put together a list of tunes that make me wanna dance in a youtube list and use it as a soundtrack; that would force me, despite myself, to get some exercise. Today I actually put it to use.

My knees have been really hurting lately -- could be changes in barometric pressure, we've been having really erratic weather lately -- but I felt good enough to dance vigorously for about 10 minutes. And I can feel a slight burn in my legs and arms -- I wore hand weights and put my hands in the air, waved 'em like I just don't care....

Unfortunately, my knees are killing me, but since the very expensive MRI showed that there was no real damage, it's just meaningless pain, not pain that indicates injury. I took a tramadol and ignored it.

Research shows that as little as 10 minutes of exercise can boost mood. If I do this every day, or close to every day, I'll be very boosted. Maybe even a little slimmer.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment