Monday, August 20, 2007

A good date, for a change

Well, Darna's always good for a nice dinner, but I actually enjoyed HVAC's company too. At first I was nervous because he kept glancing around the restaurant -- I thought he didn't want to look at me or didn't find me attractive.

"Are you okay? You seem a little nervous," I said.

"I'm fine," he said. Apparently he likes to get a sense of a place if he's never been there.

The conversation was pretty good, although he's very Brooklyn. It's hard to imagine that a person could grow up in NYC, travel throughout Europe, hit Japan and Australia, and never go to a single museum. He's a bit crude, and not "intellectual," but very street-smart.

He's also very straightforward and easygoing. He let me decide pretty much everything about the date -- where we went for dinner, where we went afterward to chat, when we were going on our next date.

Although I had to ask him outright. "So do you want to go out again?"

"I want to if you want to," he said.

"Not good enough. I want to know if you want to go out again," I said.

"I want to go out again," he said.

"Okay. So when are we going out again?" I asked.

"When do you want to go out again?" Again shifting the decision to me.

"Tuesday."

"Works for me."

"Where are we going?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Prime Grill." He had been surprised to learn, earlier in the conversation, that I'd never been there. I was surprised he'd never been to Darna, since he lives on the Upper West Side and he's half Moroccan.

"Okay, we'll go to Prime Grill."

There's something to be said for a guy who lets you make all the decisions, even when it's going to cost him a lot of money. Some might say he's just a wuss, others that he's just too lackadaisical and doesn't care about anything. I say, why look a gift horse in the mouth?
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment