Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My theme song

I've decided to act as though I'm the finest, foxiest girl on the West Side. Attitude is everything, right? If I believe I'm fabulous, I am fabulous. Hude thought I was attractive at this weight (even though he worried about my mind being corrupted); so did the Arabian Knight and Brooklyn Accountant. I'm going to assume that other men will as well. Even if I'm not as beautiful as I could be, I am still not repulsive.

To put me in the right kick-ass frame of mind, I've decided to use music. Music hits us at a primal, preverbal level and goes straight to our emotions. Saul had David play music to cheer him up, although clearly music has its limitations; if you're morbidly depressed, listening to inspirational music isn't going to straighten out your neurotransmitters, and you probably will be too anhedonic to enjoy it. But my meds are more or less balanced out now, so I'm responsive to music.

If I keep a rousing melody playing continuously on my mental soundtrack, it has to influence my mood. If I walk into a party thinking, "I am the sexiest girl in this room," I might halfway believe it.

And this is the song I've chosen:



Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Yafa Shulamit9/26/2010 9:29 PM

    "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim..."
    What song was it?
    I had a theme song after I took the name of a hand blender literally and sliced my finger wide open: "Will It Blend? Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo!" It's also the theme music in the amusing video on the www.willitblend.com. I'm all about theme songs.
    Still making my way through your life saga blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it now. Thanks for reminding me of this -- need to keep it in mind all the time these days!

    ReplyDelete