Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Two stations and a million miles away

My second-year internship is two subway stations and a million miles away from The Bad Place. It's a billion miles away from The Other Bad Place. And I love it. Love the people, love the work I'll be doing. It's perfect for me, and I'm going to learn so much. I might even start a client newsletter/writing/poetry reading/therapy group.

Everything happens for a reason, and somehow things always end up more or less okay for me. I usually have to suffer emotionally and physically, and end up losing money -- but it's only money. I finally feel confident that I'm going to finish my schooling on a high note and graduate knowing enough to actually get a job.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

4 comments:

  1. Glad to read such a happy, upbeat post!
    Did you get accepted on the spot? What neighborhood is the internship's offices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'm in. They were talking about "when" I start, and the whole interview was like that -- it was just to confirm, not to audition. SO different from The Other Bad Place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very positive news, indeed. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good tidings and steady, measured progress. And some seriously butt-kicking social work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC! I'm so glad to hear that! :)

    ReplyDelete