Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ya gotta read this

A man 10 years my junior peeked at my profile on one of the dating websites I frequent. So I looked at his, and found this:

Dear Bashert,

How can I begin to tell you how much I miss you and I've never even met you before. You are my life, my wife, my reason for being. Without you, I barely exist. Even now, I live the life of a single, solitary, lonely soul walking around, trying to create meaning where there isn't any. I am lost. I need you right now. Where are you? How long must Hashem make us wait? I know if we're truly meant to be, then we will find one and other. As I write this letter, tears gently emanate from my eyes, and I listen to the quiet, still meditative music of the thought of seeing you for the first time. Am I too deep, too "out there." Not for you. You understand me. You can feel me right now, just as with the grace and help of Hashem we can feel the heartbeat of our children inside your womb. I want to be a good husband to you, and a good father to our children. I must act now to build the type of life you my wife will and do want. I'll do my best. Find me.

I can't decide whether it's refreshingly direct, sweet, open, and vulnerable -- the way we wish all men were -- or too Tom Cruise in "Jerry Maguire."
Copyright (c) 2007 "Ayelet Survivor"

4 comments:

  1. ...as i write this, tears gently emanate from my eyes...

    ...as i read that, that feeling of nausea threatened to overtake me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay far, far away from this dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's a little "out there", all right. But you know what they say-- there's a lid for every pot.

    Even the cracked ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. true, NJG... although this pot sounds like he's smoked about a lid ;)

    ReplyDelete