Monday, November 26, 2007

Crisis averted... for now

So I decided to do some damage control and wrote the guy I taught "ephebophile." (I really don't want to call him "Ephebophile." Let's call him "Logophile.")

Subject: somnographia

Another new word; means writing in your sleep. Which is apparently what I did when I responded to you. I can't believe how idiotic I sounded, but that's what happens when you stay up until 2 a.m. playing Guitar Hero on your friend's X-Box. (It's pretty cool, and I needed a break from studying.)

Anyway, I hope I haven't scared you off. Your profile says you're an impatient guy -- you can understand my tendency to put my cards on the table perhaps a wee bit too soon... ;)

He responded:

Not to worry I usually have to review my messages and also probably speak or write without forethought. I will get back to you later.

Okay. Maybe I didn't screw this one up. Yet. And patience is clearly not one of my issues.

I'm seeing Dr. Roda on Thursday, and I'm going to tell him how difficult things have gotten. Like thinking before I email. Or writing papers and process recordings. Or getting out of bed. Or showering (unless, of course....)
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment