Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My last working Thanksgiving

"Why aren't you coming, Aunt Ayelet?"

"I have soooooooooooooo much homework to do, Malka."

I'm hoping this will be the last Thanksgiving I skip. I've got two major papers due next week, and of course I haven't started either of them. I could plead an overall heavy workload, which is partly true -- the reading I have to finish each weekend is staggering -- but the reality is that I work much better under pressure. If it's only a 10-page paper, I can knock it out in less than a day.

I probably could have spared the time to go to Jerusha's for Shabbat, but she'll be visiting our cousins in another city. I still can't see spending an entire flight with her, since I doubt they'd give me a parachute if I just had to get away from her.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment