Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sick, and, tired,,,

Not emotionally -- physically. I've got some kind of bug, sort of a sore throat meets extra gravity. I feel like I weigh even more than I usually feel like I weigh. I was able to stay home this morning to finish a paper and rest a little, but resting doesn't seem to be giving me much more of a boost. Later today I have to drag my ass into school and attend the one class where I'm really learning something useful, substance abuse treatment.

I know I haven't written much lately. Mainly that's because things are going incredibly well at my internship, where I'm being given wonderful challenges, opportunities, and choices. I love Melanie, her psychoanalytic approach is growing on me, and I really like everyone else at the agency. But my clients didn't ask to be featured on this blog, so even though they say and do incredibly cute and funny things -- kind of like my nieces and nephews -- I can't post about them. It's just not fair to them.

Also, I have to write two process recordings each week. Process recordings are written records of interactions with clients. They force you to focus on your work and the effects it has on the client. They're a big pain in the ass to do, because you're supposed to try to write verbatim accounts of the encounter and that's really difficult with more verbose clients, but they're very useful in terms of recognizing what's going on with your work. So some of my need to process things in writing is being met elsewhere.

And my dating life is beyond depressing. Guys I meet on dating websites ask for my phone number and then never call. Why do they ask??? Guys I contact under one screenname turn out to be guys I already decided I didn't want to date, and now I'm stuck communicating with them again because, after all, I did contact them. Feh. Old guys bother me to change my standards and consider dating them. Creepy. It's really annoying and dreadfully tedious, so I haven't bothered to write about it.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. i've read so much how frustrated you are with dating sites. is there another way? can you take a break from them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of like Winston Churchill's definition of democracy -- the worst form of government, except for all the others. I don't know what else I can do.

    ReplyDelete