Sunday, December 30, 2007

Change is necessary, if not good

"Ayelet haShachar" means "the morning star." I love that -- it's such a wonderful metaphor for hope rising after darkness. And with the re-onset of my terminal insomnia, it's a pretty good metaphor for me, too. However, "Ayelet Shachar" is a law professor in Toronto. (I should definitely have Googled both names before naming this blog.)

So I'd better change my pseudonym before I reopen this blog to the world, which I plan to do as soon as I have a solid job offer. Of course, I won't say where my new job will be, in case the evil psychologists at The Bad Place want to meddle.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I think a good nom de blogue for me would be "Ayelet Survivor." After all I've been through, I should celebrate the fact that "I'm still here." It also is somewhat reminiscent of Sojourner Truth -- and ain't I a woman?
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment