Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dating the same freaks

"I thought you'd appreciate this," said Shimona. "Last June I went out with this guy -- he picked me up, drove me two minutes to a nearby park, and we walked around for an hour while he complained that all the women he dates never call him back and kvetched about his knee problems. Didn't buy me so much as a bottle of water.

"Then last week I get a message from some guy on a dating website," she continued. "His profile looked fine -- tall and outdoorsy, which I like -- but for some reason I thought it might be the same guy. So I responded with an email asking if he were that same guy, and then I saw he was online so I sent him an IM. He initially responded, but then when I asked if we'd gone out back in June, he closed the IM window. Never bothered to answer my email."

For some reason, this really struck a chord with me. An eerily familiar chord. "What's his profile name?" I asked.

"Bruce Wayne," she said.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I shrieked. "That's the guy who stood me up via email!!!!!!"

I knew my dating pool was shallow -- but this is a kiddie pool!

"Ayelet, you have to blog about this," said Shimona.

"Now we know why the women he dates never call him back," I said. "Mystery solved."
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment