Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen, Frau Know-it-all

Schadenfreude. Such a fitting word to describe how I feel about Frau Know-it-all. My lovely classmate Ruth, who's interning at The Other Bad Place, told me that after being very dissatisfied with Frau all year, they finally bounced her. With less than four months to go till graduation.

I guess it took them a while to realize they'd made a huge mistake. Amazing how bad they are at spotting potential. They certainly misunderestimated me. Is it petty to crow about my numerous triumphs and accolades at my wonderful internship? Probably.

I'm going to spend time in hell for being so darn delighted with the way everything played out. Proverbs tells us not to rejoice when our enemies fall, and the midrash tells us that Gd ordered the angels not to sing when the Egyptians drowned in the Red Sea. I can be too vindictive.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment