Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ayelet's Law

The more a man annoys you, the harder he will try to get a second date.

Poor Neb. He tried so hard. He wore a sports coat and dress shirt. He brought Pepperidge Farm cookies to Starbucks so we'd have something to nosh on. He said I was prettier than my photo. He complimented my outfit and my jewelry. He suggested a romantic stroll through Central Park on this beautiful, sunny day. He asked when he could see me again.

"Why don't you give me a call," I said, sighing inwardly. Because he also interrupted me constantly. There is little you can do to annoy me more than interrupt me repeatedly. It's disrespectful, distracting, and extremely irritating.

He also needed his reading glasses to see who the incoming call on his cell phone was from, reminding me of the age difference. And why did he leave his phone on? He's not a doctor or EMT; he used to sell computers before deciding a master's in teaching was the easiest way to go, better than physical or speech therapy. Ambitious.

Above all, he was boring. I realize I run the risk of sounding overly picky, but I couldn't stand to spend another minute with him. I'd rather be alone than married to someone who made me want to pull out all of my hair all of the time. After the disastrous second date with Captain Best Effort, I vowed I would not force myself to date men who annoyed me. I'm not that desperate.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment