Sunday, March 30, 2008

A DIB is worse than a neb

Originally I made plans to go out with the DIB (stands either for "dear Israeli brother" or, more commonly, "dumb Israeli bastard") on Tuesday, forgot I had an event, and asked him, days in advance, to reschedule. He called during the lecture, and I was a bit short with him, but I called back and we made plans to go out to dinner tonight.

The DIB didn't call today to confirm (unlike the Neb, who did try). I had a sinking feeling the DIB was going to stand me up, but I got ready anyway. I called him -- it rang, then went to voicemail. I paged him. No response.

Then, at 8 p.m., when we were supposed to be meeting at the restaurant, I logged onto the dating site where we met and saw him cruising. I sent him an IM:

didn't we have a date tonight?

which he ignored, so I sent another:

never mind

and blocked him. If he wants to call and beg my forgiveness he still has my phone number, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm so fucking sick of dating. Forget about trying to get any more work done today -- not to mention all the wasted time making myself pretty. What a fucking DIB.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment