Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I don't want to marry a neb

A guy contacted me online. Eight years my senior, which is more than I like, although I'm trying to tolerate greater age differences. Special ed teacher. Seems perfectly nice. Thinks I'm terrific; can't believe I'm still single.

But he's such a nebbish. No fire. No charisma. Nothing interesting about him.

"What do you like to do in your spare time?" I asked him.

"Oh, I like to go to a movie now and then, or go out to eat," he said. Has the man no interests or passions?

I realize it's extremely difficult to find men who are mensches. But if nice is all he has to recommend him, I don't think that will be enough. It's another date I'm dreading, rather than looking forward to.

I recognize I'm making myself appear incredibly picky, and some of you are probably thinking, "No wonder she's still single." But I don't think it's too much to ask for a man who's fun to be with, good company. I'm tired of dating guys like Brooklyn Accountant.

I was also supposed to have a date tonight with another guy who seems more interesting, although he's Israeli and I have a few reservations about Israelis; they can be difficult to deal with. But I forgot I was organizing an event at school -- apparently my brain is still on Spring Break, mediocre as it was -- so I emailed him and asked him to call so we can reschedule (I don't think I have his number, although I sent him both of mine). Hopefully he will; I can see he's read the email.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment