Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Losing important documents and MY MIND

This morning I sat down to do my taxes and sorted through a bunch of important documents. I logged onto the tax software site and realized I somehow lost one. Which I'd had in my hand not five minutes earlier.

It's not that big an apartment, but it's in total chaos. And I can't find the fucking thing. I had to request a replacement copy, which will take at least 24 hours.

I don't know if I'm suffering the aftereffects of my coma, struggling with a mixed state, or going senile. I do know I'm completely frustrated.

UPDATE: My parents asked me to send them a copy of a document. Instead of sending a scan of the one they actually asked for, I scanned another -- the important document I "lost." Apparently I left it in the printer/scanner/fax, and that's why I couldn't find it.

Oy. How am I going to take care of other people when I clearly can barely take care of myself?
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. That sort of thing happens to me all the time!
    I wouldn't read too much into it--probably a function of your being sleep deprived, and too much clutter in your apartment--not your coma or anything else.
    I bet the document will turn up the day after you file your taxes.

    ReplyDelete