Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sleepwalker

I stopped using the light box a week ago. But I'm still only getting about four hours of sleep a night unless I add Vitamin K to my nightly medication cocktail, and I don't want to make a habit of that because I don't want to develop a habit.

Today, sitting in the computer lab, I looked at my computer and saw "5:59 PM." My watch said 5:00, so I assumed it had lost an hour and reset it. Since I have a class at 6 p.m., I logged off and went upstairs. Nobody was in the classroom, and the clock in the room said 5:00.

"How are you, Ayelet?" asked a classmate as I trudged back into the computer lab to kill an hour before class.

"Walking in my sleep," I told her, resetting my watch.

I don't know how much more of this I can handle. It's already having a very bad effect on my mood, which affects my performance at school and at my internship, where a few people have commented that I seem to be burning out. Thank goodness next week is Spring Break, and I only have to go into my internship for one day.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment