Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Staggering coincidences

I have so much in common with TD that it's unbelievable. No, he doesn't have bipolar disorder or any other Axis I pathology (or Axis II, from what I can tell, which is a very good thing), but we have a staggering number of similar experiences. I was blown away as he told me about his life; I can't even put it into words, and it wouldn't be fair to him to blog about it, but I definitely understood a lot of what he's gone through and how it led him to where he is now. I actually felt comfortable disclosing back, and he accepted me completely. It's uncanny. There's definitely a kesher.

Of course, I'm kind of annoyed that he beat me at Connect 4, which has always been the game I was better at than anyone else. And we're both kind of scared at the intensity of this connection. But we're taking it very slow.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

5 comments:

  1. He beat you? After our whole discussion about how you were going to kick his @$$, and how he wouldn't know what hit him?

    Woah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he beat me. Twice. I think this means I have to marry him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't go making jokes like that, hot stuff. Slow and steady wins the race.

    Maybe you were just unconsciously playing with less concentration because you wanted to make him feel all manly and conquery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please. I'm not that kind of girl. If I were I'd probably be married by now.

    ReplyDelete