Thursday, April 17, 2008

All better now

Speaking facetiously, of course. But I am feeling a little better. It was a struggle to get up and get to work, but I'm functioning more or less normally. Of course, it's easier to lead a group or meet with a client than to read a journal article, especially since journal articles rarely say things that make you laugh, whereas clients frequently do. (Although I've got my anger management client coming in, and sessions with her are very taxing for both of us. Gd, give me strength.)

I don't know if my dip in mood was the result of scrambling for meal invitations -- that's always a possibility. I might just have to stock up on kosher for Pesach food and sit at home some of the time. Of course, my cleaning for Pesach resembled my cleaning the rest of the year -- nonexistent. I'm just trying to get by.

Maybe I'm feeling better because I aromatherapied constantly on Tuesday and Wednesday -- essence of rose, jasmine, and geranium. The hallway outside my apartment smells like someone crushed an entire flower shop. I hope the neighbors don't mind.

This is my 500th post. I'd like to mark it with a song by The Proclaimers, whom I loved before they made it big with the theme song for Benny & Joon. (Or the Shrek soundtrack.)



Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. A very wise person -- I think it may have been you -- told me that every day is a victory.

    You're getting by. And that's pretty damn heroic, i think.

    Have a happy, relaxing yomtov.

    Love - CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song - thanks! Chag Sameach!

    ReplyDelete