Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just couldn't leave it alone

When I was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the faculty adviser gave a little speech about the real knowledge we'd need to survive in the real world (implying that we'd spent four years just diddling around). The only piece I remember is, "If you pick it, it won't heal."

Well, if you've learned anything about me from this blog (or real life), you know that this is a piece of advice I simply can't take. I always have to pick. I can't let pimples heal; I have to squeeze them and create big red scars. I can't sit out heated discussions; I have to stick my two cents in. And I can't let anyone have the last word -- I have to say something more.

So Chip changed his online screenname from something romantic and evocative to something pretty generic. At first I didn't understand why this generic guy was visiting my profile -- then I looked at his and realized it was Chip wine in new bottles.

So I sent him an email:

I preferred your other screenname. More romantic and evocative -- but I guess it wasn't attracting you the girls you wanted. Chag kasher v'sameach.

Passive-aggressive, which is unlike me -- I'm usually just aggressive. He hasn't read it yet, which is probably just as well.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment