Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ataque de nervios

Dr. Genuine had to reschedule my two follow-up interviews. But I might only need one of them. If I don't pass their Spanish test on Thursday, showing that I can do therapy in Spanish, they don't need me on Monday. It's not a paper and pencil test -- I'll be doing a role-play assessment with a member of their staff.

!Ay ay ay ay ay! Thank Gd I took that Spanish for Social Work class -- or rather, half of it. And thank Gd Carly got all the handouts for me. I'm definitely taking a Vitamin K before that interview. Dr. Genuine seems to think I'm qualified. I certainly hope I am. I don't remember him mentioning that the job involved actually doing therapy in Spanish -- I doubt I would have made such a claim for myself. But I could probably do a decent assessment, and a big chunk of the job is case management, which I could probably also accomplish in Spanish. But therapy? Oy.

Good thing I also scheduled another interview for another position -- I need to keep my options open. But that's definitely it. I'm not sending out any more résumés until I'm back from visiting Yaffa and Christine and the pack.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment