Tuesday, May 06, 2008

SB is spontaneous

I finally got tired of all the poking and emailed SB on Facebook:

enough poking already, when are we going out again?

He sent me a text message:

Poking is so suggestive

When r we going out next... name the time and place and I'll be there

Kisses

Have a great day

So I called him and said, "Tonight!" After a surprised pause -- SB had been told I'd be off limits for a while due to school -- he said, "Okay!"

We're going to go for a walk (despite my aching knees) because it's spectacularly beautiful out, and then we'll get some dinner. I need to blow off steam. I spent a beautiful sunny Sunday trapped in my apartment working my final grad school paper, which is for Dr. Supportive's class. Time to relax.

I met with Dr. Supportive this morning to discuss some fine points (that's when I told her about The Bad Place and she offered her interpretation of events). The paper might not be ready for publication (I might have mentioned to you that it was provisionally accepted by a professional journal, whose editors gave me 90 million comments on it), but it's ready for the next editorial round, and that's good enough right now. As Voltaire put it, "The perfect is the enemy of the good."
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment