Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Can you tell I have bipolar from my Facebook status updates?

I realized today that I am very moody.

That probably doesn't come as a surprise to any of you, but it hit me suddenly today while I was outside walking to get my lunch. Beautiful day, I didn't feel overwhelmed and stressed because I'm starting to feel on top of things at work, and the morning started out great with me using really appropriate boundaries. A client asked me, "Are you Italian?" and I just said, "No." And didn't disclose another thing. I had to go tell my boss, who was very proud of me. So that put me in a terrific mood, and I had a great day.

[Another client called later today and said, "I need to talk to my counselor -- I can't remember her name, she's the little Spanish lady that started a few weeks ago...." When I shared that with the support staff, they were shocked to learn I wasn't Spanish. Apparently my Shakira imitation -- which I was inspired to do one afternoon when "Hips Don't Lie" came on the receptionist's radio -- is pretty convincing.]

So I realized that depending on how my day is going, my mood is wildly variable. A glance at my Facebook status updates kind of highlights that:

June 6, 4:56 p.m.: Ayelet is happy and content.

June 20, 4:11 a.m.: Ayelet hates insomnia.

June 24, 9:49 p.m.: Ayelet is shredded.

June 29, 8:15 a.m.: Ayelet is not in the mood.

June 30, 12:37 p.m.: Ayelet is frustrated.
10:16 p.m.: Ayelet is pissed off.

July 1, 9:30 a.m.: Ayelet is annoyed.
9:29 p.m.: Ayelet is in a good mood. Group went well, and I'm holding my own at work.

July 2, 10:06 p.m.: Ayelet is mellow.

I guess the take-home message is, if I post something really angry, dark, and despairing, everyone should probably wait a week or so before calling my psychiatrist.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment