Sunday, July 20, 2008

How has GG changed?

I'm not the only one who's gained weight in the interim. The Gorgeous Genius is still cute, though -- like a pudgy Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator. He says I'm zaftig, approvingly. He still fondly remembers the sweater I wore on our first date.

But he's no longer seriously looking to get married. Not ruling it out, but living more like a typical Upper West Side guy -- for the moment, for fun. I'll probably see him again, but I don't think it's going to go anywhere. No great loss -- he still wins every argument, which is still infuriating.

It's sad, though. He thinks he missed out on so much fun by being a good shomer negiah boy, and now he wants to make up for lost time. Like RD-SOB. The irony is, both of them would have more fun if they settled down with a nice girl who really loves sex. Like, I don't know, Ayelet.

But I'm not going to tell him that. I'll just use him, and vice versa, till something better comes along.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

6 comments:

  1. Did GG make a pass at you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayelet,
    I thought you were taking a hiatus from dating etc? I know that you have needs and are lonely but this sounds like a very degrading relationship for you. As your friend, I really, truly think you can do better. I know you think you can just use him until someone better comes along, but aren't you afraid you will get attached to him nonetheless? Ditch this loser.
    By the way, he seemed very self important about his 'business'. What is it that he does?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a hiatus from dating websites, definitely. And you're right -- this guy's probably no good for me. I'm interested in dating, but there are better ways to pass time than with GG. He described his business as a startup company that's providing a new type of insurance. When he started explaining it, I got bored, so I still don't know what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey babe -

    I don't know whether you want to post this in the comments - but I can kinda read between the lines, here.

    GG can be a good f-buddy, and I approve of that relationship, because it beats the alternative.

    However, as Riva says, there is a danger of becoming attached.

    Is there a way to ensure that you don't? Maybe if the sex is only so-so? :)

    I think you're right about the settling down thing, too, but maybe GG will come to that conclusion on his own. Maybe not, though. The temptation to make up for lost time and try to recapture whatever one feels one 'lost' during his shomer negiah years is very strong.

    Case in point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like GG is just getting started.

    this will allow you to actually control how much fun you have and for how long---

    ---as long as you don't sleep with him.

    I say that for two reasons:

    1) if he presses you, you say no, and he decides to move on, you already know that you didn't lose a potential zivug by not giving in, so really YOU called the end, and---

    2)--either way--you will never regret not having slept with him.

    ReplyDelete