Saturday, September 13, 2008

I sent the toolkit to EIGHT psychologists... so why do I feel like a failure?

Facebook can be a double-edged sword. I've discovered that people in high school apparently liked me a lot more than I ever thought they did. But every time I see their profile pictures with their spouses and children, I feel like a complete loser -- old, fat, and unappealing. I hate seeing pictures of myself at this weight almost as much as I hate dieting. I'm happy to go to Ruth's wedding tomorrow, but she's 8 years younger than I am.

I just feel like it's never going to happen. Whatever chances I had at romance, I must have blown years ago. I probably met the perfect person for me and turned him away because his nose was too long.

If that sounds obscure, you're not familiar with a famous story. The Steipler Gaon, a famous posek, was asked by an unmarried man, "Why have I not yet found my basherte?" The Steipler responded, "You met her -- but you thought her nose was too long."
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. My Heart Leaps Up

    My heart leaps up when I behold

    A rainbow in the sky:

    So was it when my life began;

    So is it now I am a man;

    So be it when I shall grow old,

    Or let me die!

    The Child is father of the Man;

    And I could wish my days to be

    Bound each to each by natural piety.

    ~~~by Age Of Conan gold

    ReplyDelete