Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dr. Jerk rears his ugly head -- right near me

Not sure if it's back pain or terminal insomnia, but 5 a.m. and I'm awake.

A member of ABCT recently posted:

Can anyone recommend a sleep disorders expert in NJ or the tri-state area for a client who has severe insomnia?

CBT is well-recognized as a treatment for insomnia (not the type I have, which is a symptom of bipolar disorder, but other kinds). And guess who's an expert in CBT for insomnia? Dr. Jerk!

First he posted:

I specialize i [sic] treating sleep disorders, particularly insomnia with CBT-I I'm [less than a block away from Ayelet]

One minute later -- literally -- in response to:

I would recommend Dr. Lorraine Peters in Paterson, NJ.
-- Allen B. Jeffries, Ph.D., ABPP

Dr. Jerk posted:

I specialize in CBT for insomnia and have a practice exclusively devoted to this population. I am [less than a block away from Ayelet] in Manhattan and can be reached at this email or at 212-xxx-xxxx.

I guess he wanted everyone to be sure. To be fair, someone else on ABCT recommended him, too. And I guess he knows I'm a forensic social worker now. Which is just fine. I'm happy, though, that several other practitioners -- all closer to the prospective client -- have notified us of their availability and competence.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment