Wednesday, December 24, 2008

And so it ends

Jeff ultimately wrote back to answer my anti-text-message email:

I understand. One of the reasons I replaced my LG Envy with a Palm Treo was texting, calendaring and contact management. I used to carry around two devices: phone and PDA. I like having the one to keep in my pants pocket.

Wishing you increased joy and peace with every additional candle we light each night of Chanukah. Hag Sameach, Jeff

P.S. I owe you a phone call to talk, just have been busy. Had dinner last night at 10pm =(. Clearly there is a reason why I have not asked you out a second time and it relates to our prior discussion about meeting more than one person at the same time. I'm not good at multi-tasking in terms of dating. I tend to see where a single path leads before exploring a second path as I perceive it to be easier on me and more fair to those I am spending time with.

It's all about him, always has been. (Which might explain a lot about the divorce.) He has to make all the decisions unilaterally and do everything his way -- whatever's easiest and best for him. But I don't.

I was tempted to write something scathing, or snippy, or sarcastic -- for example, "I'm not going to grant exclusive dating rights to a man who prioritizes going to the gym over spending time with me" -- but in the end I opted for simplicity:

A phone call won't be necessary. Good luck with everything, and have fun with your children tomorrow.

Brevity is the soul of wit... and I've obviously spent too much time on him already.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. Not defending Jeff, but maybe the gym is absolutely essential to his health. I know that if I don't ride my bike or walk every day I have a hard time sleeping and functioning and can get depressed too. Still, if something like that is the case, he should have explained that to you, rather than just making you feel like you're less important than a workout.

    You might want to mention that to him in the form of constructive criticism, if you think he'd take it in the spirit it's intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Reminds me of that guy I once dated, you know him as Dorkman. Why didn't he tell you this straight off instead of wasting time and money on text messaging? At least you have closure.
    Hoping you meet someone awesome in 2009...and have a wonderful year in every other way

    ReplyDelete