Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Do I need more pearls, or do I need to NOT need a man to buy them for me?

I've been doing a bit of internet shopping lately. Not a lot, just a bit. Nothing extravagant, just a few dresses, a couple of pairs of shoes. Wii games for the nieces and nephews. Gifts for other people's kids.

Should I buy myself a nice Chanuka present -- a beautiful pearl necklace and bracelet, right now on sale for $213, down from $334 -- just because I can? Even though I don't need any more jewelry?

I'm not living paycheck to paycheck. I'm putting away money for the future (and given the state of the stock market, maybe jewelry is a better investment). I work hard. And most to the point, no one else is buying me jewelry. I decided a long time ago not to wait for a man to get me the things I wanted.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment: