Thursday, December 04, 2008

I'm crazy, right?

Over Shabbos Nachamu I met a couple of 20something brothers at a friend's Shabbos meal. Flirted with both, with plenty of reciprocation. Friended them both on Facebook. Didn't think much of it because, after all, they're more than 10 years younger than I am.

Few months later, the older brother, Oaf, IMed me on FB. We flirted for a while and he gave me his phone number. I didn't ask for it; he offered it. I called him once and we talked about getting together some time to hang out. Then silence. So I un-friended Oaf.

Few weeks after that his younger brother, Yeziz, IMed me. I was wary after my experience with Oaf, but Yeziz seemed determined to throw as much charm as he could at me. Complimented my youthful looks, my style, my sense of humor, blah blah blah. Said he was crazy about older women. Couldn't understand how I'm still single:

Y: these dudes dont even know wat they are missing
if i wasnt older than u id definitely wrap u up

A: last I checked, I was older than u

Y: aren't u 21
i only date older women
age is nothin but a number
and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

A: very gallant
if it were true, u'd ask me out on a proper date ;)
instead of just flirting via IM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Y: proper dates are the best
flirting via IM is fun
but seriously when are u free

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. So I said I was free this Saturday night, and we're going out. Why? Because I can.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good time, but hate to see you get hurt. How old is this guy, anyway? Did he ask you out last night?
    Don't mean to be a party pooper, just don't want you to waste time or emotional energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if it's just getting out and having a good time with some nice company of the opposite gender, why not!

    By the way, I'm a bit surprised at a former editor's use of "u" in her reply to him. It's something teens and 20-somethings do, we shouldn't perpetuate the indecipherable shorthand they use. No offensze - just a pet peeve of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to be a downer, but my experience in dating a significantly younger guy is that (no matter how much they deny it) they are really only interested in getting in your pants. They figure older=experienced&easier. But there are exceptions. Just be on guard.

    ReplyDelete