Monday, December 15, 2008

Managed to convince him I'm not in love with him

Apparently Jeff's been in the unfortunate position of having a woman fall in love with him just as he'd decided the relationship had no future. I can see how a sensitive guy would be unhappy with that course of events. I reminded him that I'd had a bellyful of red wine, which makes me very flirty (he's the one who texted me at 2:29 a.m. to wish me sweet dreams), and he unclenched enough to ask me for coffee this Wednesday.

I also applied for another job. Which pays more and is more in line with my interests. And I'll keep applying. If they ask why, I'll say that I want to have more direct client contact than half an hour once a week, and that I'd like to be working with more dually diagnosed clients (comorbid mental and substance abuse disorders). I'll say I'm still getting job updates (which is true) and clicked on this one out of curiosity (also true) and found it so close to what I want that I just had to apply. More or less true.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. Glad all is well with Jeff! Keep us posted.
    As far as the job, by all means apply for other stuff. At the very least it will make you feel better. But don't give up on your current position just yet. Sounds like you are doing good work and barring another car accident--Gd forbid--hopefully you won't have another spate of absences soon and they will get off your back. Anytime you work for someone else there will be annoyances and frustrations.

    ReplyDelete