Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh no he didn't

Fortuitously, tomorrow morning my landlord needs to bust open my bathroom ceiling to find a leak. I haven't noticed any leak, but apparently there's a big one in the building and they can't find the source, and clues might lurk in my bathroom ceiling. So I had to call and cancel my date with KCG.

He was nice enough about it. And then it sounded like he was inviting me to shlep out to Brooklyn later in the day to light Chanuka candles with him.

What the?!

Maybe I misheard him. "You want me to come out to Brooklyn to light candles with you?" I asked.

"Yes, that would be nice," he said blandly. "Tomorrow night is the first night of Chanuka."

"I know," I said evenly. "I'm going to a friend's party. We're all going to light together."

This is NOT going to work. We left it as he would call me later to reschedule. I honestly don't know whether to screen his calls or to tell him I don't think we're suited because I only go out with gentlemen who go out of their way -- or their borough -- for a date, and don't expect me to see myself home.

UPDATE: I told him, and he took it just fine. Maybe's he relieved he won't have to shlep into Manhattan to meet me.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment