Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blogged out?

I went to Brooklyn for Shabbat, again, and had fun. My hostess was beyond gracious and showered me with gifts -- kind of the opposite of what's supposed to happen. Meals, onegs, hanging out. All good. But I don't feel like writing about it. Interesting stuff happened, but somehow I don't want to talk about it.

Two days without the light box -- I guess that's a little too long. Or maybe I'm blogged out and don't feel like writing about myself anymore. My boss says narcissism is at the root of all personality disorders -- I wonder if it's at the root of all mental disorders. Especially mine.

I'm also a little achy from shlepping a suitcase full of clothes, shoes, and about 25 pounds of skin and hair care products. Next Shabbos I'm going to Brooklyn again, but I think I'll go home Saturday night. Shabbos after that I'm supposed to go to Brooklyn again -- we'll see if I'm up for it, or if at least I can get a ride back into Manhattan.

I came home today and moped around for a bit, then volunteered to babysit for Shuli's kids so she and her husband could get some shopping done. Also wanted facetime with them, since I usually only see them on Shabbos and I don't want them to forget me. It was easy -- I held the baby and read to the other two. Then I came home and did more nothing -- watching old movies on youtube, surfing idly on Facebook.

Until Captain Best Effort emailed me on Frumster, asking how I was doing. I didn't want to ignore him, so I quickly sent back:

fine, thank you, hope you are well

I'm not asking how he is, because that would suggest I want him to respond. It was supposed to send a clear message of indifference. Apparently it failed.

i am doing fine just wanted to see how you doing... hope we can chit chat

P.S those pic of you are much pretier then ones you had before

AAARRRGGGHHH! Yes, those pictures of me in the red dress are hot. No, I don't want to go out with you again! Well, that's what I wanted to say. But I limited myself to:

thanks, but I don't really think we have anything to chat about -- be well

That message he seems to have gotten.

I'm also a little annoyed at yet another man 13 years my senior who thought he could be cute and win my favor:

hello pretty, how are you doing,i like what i read in your profile and you have every qualities am looking for in a woman. pls get back to me on my creepy_oldfart@yahoo.com Hope to hear from you

Of course I have everything you're looking for, you ugly bald almost-pedophile -- I'm 13 years younger than you! Didn't you read in my profile that I don't date men more than 10 years my senior? Of course you didn't -- you've sporting those "age-inappropriate" blinders that so many men of your generation, destined to die alone, persist in wearing.

I blocked him and reported him as inappropriate to the Frumster authorities. It's bad netiquette to give someone your off-site email address in the first communication, and also to proposition them when they have absolutely no interest in meeting you. He seems to have suspended his membership -- apparently Frumster isn't producing the results he's looking for. Maybe he should try a mail-order bride.

Whaddya know... I guess I still have some blogging left in me.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment