Monday, January 12, 2009

Disappointment/encouragement

Today I heard from Yet Another Iraqi. And was let down. He sent an IM that converted into an email because I logged off the site:

hey cutie :) how goes the search?

Damn. Don't talk to me like I'm your sister or a friend! Still, I responded optimistically:

you're in luck -- I'm still available ;) sorry, I can't IM at work

I could IM at work, but it's not a good idea when Iceman's on the prowl. This morning he had the front desk call me to ask me to fill out some other counselor's paperwork so he could submit a urine sample. I got 2 master's degrees to do paperwork like a flunky? Apparently.

Is YAI going to take the bait?

Lol..well I bet you won't be single for long. Just wanted to check in on you and see how you're doing. I've been absorbed in work lately as well. Although lucky for me, it doesn't prohibit me from IM'ing ;). Good luck in your search and keep me updated sweetie :)

Apparently not. I have been single for long, and he's not helping. Whatever. But at least I have good friends. Gloria Chang and I were IMing on Facebook last night, discussing the dreadful situation in Gaza and how dangerous it can be to be Jewish. I said, half jokingly, "Well, if Islamo-fascists take over the U.S., I know I can hide in your basement!"

"I'll make my kitchen kosher," she responded immediately. I love her.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment