Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tarot reading

Last night I hung out with some friends and friends-of-friends, one of whom apparently reads Tarot cards from a Kaballah perspective. I sat down with some apprehension.

"What do you want to ask the cards?" Tarot Reader (TR) asked seriously.

"I want to know if I'm going to get married," I said. I shuffled the cards and cut them with my non-dominant hand. He dealt out three rows of three cards and turned over the middle row -- the Prince of Swords, Success, and Chance.

"This is you, your personal life," he said. "It's good! The Prince of Swords -- that's your man! He's in his forties."

"You get that from these cards?" I asked.

"Yes. But it's not literal," he reassured me. "He won't have green skin." The image on the card has green skin and numerous arms holding swords.

"I'm assuming he'll only have 2 arms," I deadpanned.

"Yes," he said seriously. He turned over three more cards -- many of which had more swords on them. One was the Empress of something, holding a man's decapitated head by its hair.

"The Empress is you. He's got issues," noted TR, "and you're going to consider rejecting him." I suppose no one's perfect. So I should be on the lookout for someone slightly older than I am with a lot of baggage. Considering how much I carry, I really should be pretty tolerant.

I'll keep you posted.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

2 comments:

  1. What a load of s$&*!. No self-respecting kabbalist uses Tarot cards. You will get married because you want to, not b/c of the reading. What would have happened if your reader said you wouldn't get married? Would you just lie down and stop dating? I am surprised that someone with your intellect would give this any credence. Ok, am stepping off the soapbox now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always considered you an empress :)

    ReplyDelete