Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For Purim I'm dressing up as a Naughty Therapist

Yesterday I put on a freshly laundered shirt and thought, "Hm... a little tight across the chest. It'll stretch out." It wasn't tight on my waist or stomach, so I thought it looked flattering, if a little racy.

Well, it didn't stretch out. All day I felt like clients were looking at me longer than usual, and I assumed they were staring at my chest. Before I started relapse prevention group, I asked Clarice if the top seemed inappropriate.

"Not at all," she said. "It doesn't look skin-tight."

"I guess I could justify it as maximizing secondary gain for the clients," I joked. "Maybe they'll look forward to group more."

Despite significant post-qigong pain and the usual terminal insomnia (although now I'm waking up at 5 a.m. instead of 3 a.m., a definite improvement), I'm in a pretty good mood. Could be for two reasons. Either the melatonin I've started taking to combat insomnia is helping my mood, or the days are getting longer and my seasonal depression is lifting.

Either way, I'm pretty happy it's Adar.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

No comments:

Post a Comment