Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How does he know who I am?

Got a brief message from a guy on Frumster:

whats up ayelet im not a paying member so you can respond to jockitch@aol.com

How does he know my blog name? I'm not "Ayelet" on Frumster. And my Ayelet Facebook profile doesn't have a picture of me.

Who is jockitch?

Grew up in: STATEN ISLAND
Consider relocation? Yes
Wishing to make aliyah to Israel? No
Jewish Education: yeshiva/seminary
Secular Education: some university
Languages Spoken: English
Political Beliefs: not important
Occupation: Sales Management
Hobbies and Interests: Basketball, Biking, Boating/Sailing/Rafting, Working Out/Weightlifting, Bowling, Golf, Hiking/Walking, Hockey, Jogging/Running, Rock Climbing, Skydiving/Hang Gliding/Flying, Snow Skiing

"Some university"? Not great. "Sales management"? Not auspicious. And all of his interests are outdoorsy and athletic. Virtually none of mine are. He doesn't like museums, theater, or crossword puzzles. We have nothing in common.

Jockitch is divorced, with children (no idea how many), and he's five years younger than I am. That doesn't shout "ready and eager to get married."

What kind of woman is jockitch looking for?

This is what I am looking for in a mate: I want to meet a nice, intelligent, and confident girl to date and possibly have a long term relationship. She must be able to have a good time at just about anything life throws at her. A girl that can light up a room with her beautiful smile.

"Possibly have a long term relationship"??? POSSIBLY????????

But I have to know how jockitch knows who I am -- and how he was able to email me on Frumster without being a paying member.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

7 comments:

  1. LMAO!!!!!!!! THATS MY EX HUSBAND!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is officially too small. So I assume my assumption that he assumes I'm an easy mark for NSA sex is correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, he's a really nice guy, just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty strong endorsement. Email me at helpfordepression@gmail.com if you feel like spilling anything more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can tell you how he was able to email you without being a paid member: Frumster is having a promotion allowing basic members to initiate up to 5 emails a day to members whom they have not previously corresponded with; the pomotion runs through Sunday.

    I'm not a paid member right now, but I haven't emailed anyone for a couple of reasons: there are very few people on Frumster I feel like emailing, and some of those few are on Facebook, and I can always try and contact them there. Also, I'm not feeling very into the whole dating game in general right now.

    Curious how he knows your name. The only thing I can think of is that he somehow put two and two together from cross-referencing Frumster and FaceBook. I've put a lot of names with faces that way. He shouldn't have tipped his hand, though. Bad form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exactly what he did, NJG. So he's not as unintelligent as I feared ;)

    Also, maybe you should take a dating break before diving in. Give yourself a little time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Ayelet. I'm trying to take it slow. I feel like I don't want to let grass grow under me, though. Not getting any younger, ya know! But I hear you.

    ReplyDelete