Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Salvation in cookie form

I'll regret it at some point, but I have to say that the fastest way to wrest me out of my funk was the rapid consumption of five sugar cookies with frosting. I'm starting to understand why my clients love crack so much. Drugs must work even faster!

I went to the supermarket at 9:45 p.m. tonight to get the cookies. I made sure I had a nutritious meal and a bunch of tangerines first, so the evening wasn't a total loss. The staff were mopping up the aisles, so it took me a while to find the cookies; they had been moved from their usual spot near the deli to the meat aisle, where I never go because they don't sell any kosher meat. For a moment I almost panicked. I was too embarrassed to ask, "What happened to the good cookies?"

I guess I've successfully driven jockitch off with all this crazy. Which at some point I'll be glad of. Right now, thanks to the cookies, it doesn't hurt so bad.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

5 comments:

  1. Whatever gets you through the night!
    What are these wondrous cookies called? Glad you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe jockitch (who reads your blog) is trying to give you some space so that you can work through your feelings, rather than, as you put it feel "driven off by the crazy." You have mentioned in previous posts that he seems rather supportive of you issues. Is it possible that he's making an attempt at sensitivity here? He knows that you are struggling with not getting too close to him...

    It's hard to see the glass-half-full aspect, but maybe it is that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that's it, Anonymous. I'm sure he feels bad that I'm in so much pain now, and he probably doesn't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still haven't told us the name of the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lofthouse Frosted Sugar Cookies -- Deliciously Soft. Gristede's displays them in front of the deli case with the gourmet baked goods. Somehow they're only 180 calories (60 from fat) per cookie. I think I've had about 30 this week. They come in pink and yellow frosting. I think I prefer the pink, but they probably taste the same. Your husband wouldn't be so crazy about them, though, because there's no chocolate.

    ReplyDelete