Monday, April 13, 2009

Off to a spectacular start

I don't know what I was so worried about. I've been in Israel for just one day, and already I've gone to a crafts fair in Shiloh, ridden a jeep in the Shomron, visited the Old City (on my own, taking the bus there and back!), reconnected with old friends and gotten to know some new ones (well, they're offspring of the old friends, so they were probably inclined to be friendly).

I bought cool gifts for my coworkers, even bargained the shuk salesman down from 12 to 6 shekels per item (well, I bought 12, so he made a good sale anyway). I bought some cool stuff for myself, too, because what is vacation for if not to pamper yourself? Besides, I forgot to bring any sunglasses and it is hot here. Not as hot as the soldiers, but they seem to have aged in reverse, like Benjamin Button. I feel guilty for ogling them, although I'm pretty sure I could still score with more than a few of them -- if only for offering a novelty factor.

I'd love to write more, but I've been awake for more than 24 hours, and I need to get some sleep now. Just wanted everyone to know that reports of my impending nervous collapse were definitely premature.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the spiritual and visual candy - just make sure it's kosher for pesach and all year round. ;)

    ReplyDelete