Monday, May 04, 2009

Cognitive-behavioral dissonance

As I've mentioned before, I'm still on the email list for the psychology doctoral program I dropped out of. Today I got this message:

Subject: to the current 3rd year clinical doctoral class. IMPORTANT CLINIC INFORMATION. PLEASE READ.‏

This is an important message for those of you who are switching from the CBT to the psychodynamic track next year. (I believe this is all but two of you.)

Due to our steady influx of patients and a current dearth of CBT supervisors, we are giving you the option of switching from the CBT to the dynamic track as early as June 1st. This will allow the “rising 3’s” to pick up CBT patients and supervisors sooner and also enables us to treat more patients at the clinic. [emphasis added]

In other words, Dr. Dragon, chair of the 2009 ABCT convention, cannot attract a sufficient number of CBT practitioners to supervise her students. Last I heard, The Bad Place couldn't even find anyone to teach introductory CBT. If I were still there, I'd be struggling to learn psychotherapy that actually works instead of having my head stuffed full of psychodynamic bullcrap. And wasting $26,000/year.

So glad I made it out alive!!!!!
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you made it out alive too!

    Allyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow bashing The Bad Place never gets old ;)

    ReplyDelete