Thursday, June 11, 2009

My new Frumster profile

Another blogger commented that my Frumster profile is pretty generic and boring. So I'm changing it. Radically. What have I got to lose? I'm only premium on Frumster for a couple more weeks. I'll just be myself.

This is how I describe myself: AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....

I'm a drug counselor. Sometimes frustrating, often entertaining, never boring. I'm fascinated by people, the choices they make, their struggles to change -- or to resist change. So yeah, I love my job. Not so much that I don't want a personal life -- I don't think I'll ever be a workaholic. Family is more important.

I like to be funny. In the past this has occasionally gotten me in a bit of trouble, as when I decide to crack a few jokes and enliven a deathly boring meeting. The Senior Vice President is not always amused. But usually my sense of humor is an asset. Life is too hard and serious not to laugh and enjoy what you can.

Ultimately, I think you can enjoy anything -- from the opera to grocery shopping -- if you really enjoy the company of the person you're with. Ride with me and you'll never be bored. Or hungry -- I'm an excellent cook.

This is what I am looking for in a mate: Good derech eretz. Cares about people and their feelings. Looking for a partner, not a housekeeper.

Intelligent and hardworking. Easygoing, doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Good company, fun to be with.

I love other people's children, and I'm very good with them. If you have kids, bring 'em on! ;)

Bonus points for men who aren't afraid to admit they don't mind watching chick flicks.

We'll see if this frightens or attracts.
Copyright (c) "Ayelet Survivor"

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT is a profile I wouldn't just browse past.

    I hate being that person who just get married and thinks they know everything about dating, but just wanted to say...it's scary to open up and be yourself around strangers, but I've found that when I do, I always attract more and better friends/dates (well not dates anymore, but in the past).

    Ultimately the best kind of partner is someone you can be completely yourself around- and who loves you for your flaws, and doesn't see them as flaws at all. Like for instance, I'm a very argumentative person, love to argue about politics, current events, etc, which was a problem in some past relationships/dates with guys who hated arguing or talking about those things (or who were intimidated by a woman with a brain). But my husband loves debating politics and current events (he does it with everyone he meets, whether they want to or not), and loves that I also keep up on those things, and is happy and proud to have a smart wife instead of being intimidated by it, so we are a good match for each other (for that reason among many many others) :)

    But you can't find those people who are perfect for you if you're not being yourself!

    Anyways good job, and I love the Monty Python reference too :)

    ReplyDelete